What is coding?
Coding basically means computer programming so then what is programming?
To understand coding and programming let’s look into each separately.
Coding refers to the work that is involved with the language of the computer.
When a human language is converted to a computer language it is called coding.
The coding process begins when a coder writes codes in order to design and develop a software program. Coding is basically the initial step to begin programming.
A coder has to be multilingual and must know how to code in different languages. In the process of coding, the coders don’t stress much upon the details they only follow the simple line of codes. A coder must be equipped with the knowledge of programming and syntax. Computers don’t speak like humans so how do they communicate with humans? They speak the language of numbers mainly 0’s and 1’s. The expertise that a coder need is basic knowledge of the programming language its syntax and keywords.
The coders work as per the instructions of the client and their demand
- Code implementation
- Code testing
- Quality analysis
Languages of coding
Some of the languages of coding are as follows:
- Java script
Let’s look into a few of the coding languages-
Java is a programming language that is most commonly used. object-oriented and supports all data types like inc and char. Most of all the mobile applications – Android is java based, even the desktop applications, web applications are all Java-based.
Python is also a popular programming language it is s high-level, general-purpose programming language. used in web development, machine-learning applications along cutting-edge technology in software development. It is an object-oriented program and performs in procedural paradigms. The Python programs are generally smaller than Java.
Now that we have understood what is Coding let’s look into Programming
What is programming?
Programming is defined as the set of instructions to a device-a computer for the device to do the job or the task of a human. Programming involves document reviews and correcting any mishaps in coding. The programming process involves planning the application, designing it, testing its features, deploying it, and maintaining it after designing. A programmer’s task is to work with coders, they must have experience in creating algorithms, modeling a problem, data processing, and project management. The programmer sticks with the plan and works in sync with the client, web developer, and coders.
Some of the programming languages are:
Some of the other programming languages that are not so popular but good enough to look into are:
- Kotlin- It is used for Android applications
- Ruby- It is s dynamic programming language that is easy to read and understand.
- Dart- It is a client programming language developed by Google to be used to build server and web applications
- Scala- It is a strong and static programming language that is used for general purposes. It works with functional and object-oriented programming.
- Rust- Rust is a multi-paradigm programming language, it is high-level and used for general purposes.
- MATLAB- It is a professional programming language developed by Mathworks. It works along with the plotting of functions and data, matrix manipulations, interfacing with programs written in other languages, and implementations of algorithms.
To list out some of the differences between coding and programming let’s look into the table:
So how do coders and programmers work in sync?
The first step is of a programmer:
- programmer plans the structure of the application
- The programmer writes down features of the app
- Programmer designs the app
- A programmer’s job is to brainstorm what they can do better for the application.
After the whole process is complete the programmer then transfers the responsibility to the coder. It is the coder’s responsibility to convert all the information into codes of 0’s and 1’s and use the programming languages that the computer will understand.
After this, the programmer checks the look of the application and investigates minute details, bugs, and errors then works with the coder to fix it.
So, to sum up, a coder is a person who knows the programming language in-depth and a programmer is the one who designs an application. Both the coder and the programmer work together towards the final product which is a web application or a software program.
You are interested in logic then you can become a programmer and You are interested in numbers then you can go ahead with coding.